- Treatment of forehead and glabellar lines
- Treatment of crows feet lines
- Treatment of bunny lines and gummy smile
- Contouring the face with masseter muscle injections
- Migraine headache treatment
- Excessive sweating treatment
How Does Botox Work?
- Botulinum toxin can be injected into humans in extremely small concentrations and works by preventing signals from the nerve cells reaching muscles, effectively leaving the muscles without instructions to contact, therefore paralyzing them
- In order for muscles to contract, nerves release a chemical messenger, acetylcholine ( a neurotransmitter), at the junction where the nerve endings meet muscle cells. The acetylcholine attaches to receptors on the muscle cells and causes the muscle cells to contact or shorten. Injected botulinum toxin prevents the release of acetylcholine, preventing contraction of the muscle cells.
Dermal Filler Injections
What are dermal fillers?
fillers smooth out skin by filling wrinkles. Collagen used to be a common filler, but these days most fillers, such as Restylane and Juvéderm, use hyaluronic acid. Thanks to its ability to store moisture, hyaluronic acid is responsible for giving skin a plump, hydrated look. It’s used topically to moisturize, but a cream or serum can’t restore lost volume—only injectable hyaluronic acid can. Once injected it can add to the natural plumping action, or replenish your body’s natural production of hyaluronic acid, which diminishes as you age.
Once the naturally occurring substance has been injected it plumps up the skin, filling in wrinkles and augmenting face features such as
- Cheek, chin and jaw enhancement
- Treatment of smile and marionette lines
- Treatment of smoker lines
- Lip enhancement